Saturday, March 10, 2007

about holding hands and kung fu moves!

I am sitting on my study table, trying hard to do what I am here to do, study! But its not the easiest thing to do when you have a big window in front of you, and you can see the most beautiful sunny day you have seen in a long time. I gaze outside, and see two kids play with each other. A girl and a boy. One minute they fight, the next they hug. The girl tries a little kung fu move, the guy steps aside to avoid her advance, she turns and tries again, this time she gets him. He hits back, she falls, he trips and falls on her. They stay like that for just an extra moment, she gets up and steps aside. I think she is hurt, but then in a flash she tries the whole act again. While all this is happening, there’s a young couple walking down the road, hand in hand, bright as the sun. They keep looking at the two kids all the while, and then look at each other just as they pass them. The girl is now running up the road, the boy follows her, behind the little house where I can’t see them anymore. The couple has also walked out of my window. Just for a moment, I wonder in how many wonderful ways love expresses itself. How magical it is that you can hold hands or play kung fu to express the same emotion!

3 comments:

Manish Bhatt said...

Warm li'l piece that.

Tarun Chaudhry said...

thanx a lot buddy!

Bhavv Chawla said...

Mushy tiger, crouching dragon. LOL!!!